Timber frame construction is a method of building which relies on a timber frame as a basic means of structural support. Timber Framed buildings are often referred to as ‘lightweight construction’, boasting precision engineering that is remarkably strong and durable.
During construction, the open panel timber frame is covered internally by plasterboard, filled with high performance insulation. Moisture/vapour barriers are incorporated and the outer leaf of the wall and this completes the structure. The outer leaf is typically stone, brick, render or timber.
Engineered timber frame products offer –
- factory engineered to the highest level of accuracy and quality
- significantly simplifies on-site construction, reducing time and cost
- meets and often exceeds all current building regulations
- performs well in terms of fire and flood resistance
- improves construction health and safety
- the most environmentally friendly way to build
- has fewer defects and high customer satisfaction
- greater cost control
Today, more and more developers and contractors and architects are realising the advantages and benefits of timber framed buildings.
At Heywood Timber Engineering we pride ourselves in creating top quality, cost-effective, solutions for timber framed structures. We have the latest in-house design software and experienced designers who work in partnership with architects, construction companies and independent builders across the North of England.
Timber Framed Extensions are becoming more and more common as people look to maximise the opportunity they have with an existing building structure.
Ease of installation and therefore a huge difference in on-site disruption makes timber frame the popular choice for building extensions.